“We believe Life is precious and each day we live is a gift!”
Our Philosophy of Care guides every moment of compassionate care and service we give at Ameriprime Hospice. We help and assist our patients to live fully and comfortably in the company of their family members and friends they love.
During times of illness, it is not only patients who suffer but their loved ones as well. Psychosocial and emotional anxiety sets in every time patients show symptoms of pain and suffering. For these reasons, we are concerned with both patients and their families. The focus of our service is to show support in meeting wide range of needs, from managing patients’ pain, easing anxieties either patients or family members to counseling on decisions. Our Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) collaborates to identify needs of patients and family members.
In rendering our services, we are aware that our staff should fully respect each person’s right to privacy and dignity. Ameriprime Hospice will provide patients and family members the copy of Patient’s Bill of Rights.
The Patient has the right to:
- Be treated with dignity.
- Be respected for his or her individuality.
- Be respected for his or her philosophical and religious beliefs.
- Maintain the highest quality of life possible.
- Be as comfortable as possible physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Have the opportunity to make choices regarding his or her care.
- Have family members take part in planning his or her care.
- Know the status of his or her condition.
- Privacy in the administration of his or her care.
- Know that care will be provided regardless of his or her ability to pay.